Timeout in FTP Operations

Apologies if this is in the archives, I tried to get to them today, but the site seems to be down.

We are using the latest beta version of the API to do some file transfers.  We are using the timeout parameter on the FTP connection to trap if the connection is never made and that works well.  What seems to be missing or that I am overlooking is a timeout on the file transfer portions of the API.  We've had a receive of a file hang a few times for no obvious reason and the API never times out or errors, the job just seems to sit there until someone notices it.

Is there something I am missing or something I could do to utilize a timeout in the file transfer aspects of the API or perhaps across the entire API on all operations so that if any of them take beyond x minutes they fail and I can trap the error and react to it.

Thanks in advance for any help / insight.

Brian