Questions on the HTTP API utility

I have several questions concerning the HTTP API utility:

1. We are having problems with throughput from an AS/400 to a WebSphere MQ server. Is there an API procedure that performs like the HTTP_URL_Post without waiting for any return code?  Is there a better way than using the HTTP API utility to post transactions from an AS/400 to a WebSphere MQ server?

2. The HTTP_URL_Post function is not handling special characters such as % - / or , . Is it true that this function should automatically encode these characters?

Kevin Kauffman
CoreSource Lancaster

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain
confidential information intended solely for the
use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination,
distribution, copying or other use of this message or its attachments is
strictly prohibited.
notify the sender immediately by telephone or by electronic mail and