FTP_GET runs realllllly slow for one connection

Sender: rick.baird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Howdy fellow FTPAPIers,

I've recently been having a problem with a 'get' hanging on a single
connection to a local-network windows server running MS ftp service.

I use the FTPAPIs extensively and I have no other problems with any other
connection (15 or so different servers, some inside the firewall, some
outside) but this particular GET runs very slowly and after about 40
minutes times out.

The get replaces an existing file, and the file is about 75k.   I can see
the file size reset to 1k at the beginning and slowly grow during the get,
so I know there's data being transferred, but it never gets to the end
before timing out.

The last messages in my joblog are 'RETR file_name' and the '150 Opening
BINARY mode data connection'.  about 40 minutes later, I get:  '426
Connection closed; transfer aborted.'

If I manually get the file using the FTP command (native ftp client), the
file is transferred in less than a couple seconds.  same thing when
connecting via my desktop.

We recently upgraded to V5R3 (december) and also upgraded our processor
(board swap) to an Power5 in late february, right around the time this
started happening.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Rick