Writing Files to IFS

Sender: "Buzz Fenner" <bfenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Scott,

1st, thanks for replying to my question in Midrange-L (Enumerating Files).
I thought about your reply and looked at possibly (after downloading all
files using MGET) appending all the data together from the FTP'd files
(they'll all have the same format) to a file in qsys.lib file system.  So, I
ran TESTGET with a qsys.lib file as the destination and the data is
un-readable (basically hex).  Obviously, something is occurring that I don't
understand.

I can use the MGET code to output a DB2 file that will contain the
downloaded filenames and then use CPYFRMSTMF statements to do the
conversion, but I wanted to investigate what you suggested before I went
that route.  Can you explain what is going on?

Buzz Fenner
Systems Analyst/Network Administrator
City Water & Light
870.930.3374