Connecting with HTTPS to secure server

Sender: Wilbert van der Hoeven <wphoeven@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello group,

I'm new on this list, so may be this is a question that has been
answered before but I can't find any archive.

I'm using Scotts example 6 to connect to UPS to retreive tracking
information using HTTPS.

I have been trying this for some time now and I think I've covered
every aspect I can think of to make this work, but it doesn't.

I've the right userid, password and access code from UPS.
The application has been registered in the digital certificate manager
and has a list of trusted CA's
I'm authorized to the key database
The firewall has been opened to access UPS through the right port
(HTTPS, by head:423)
I don't use a proxy server.
I can connect from my PC
I see the traffic going through the firewall (initiate and close)
The initiate doesn't trigger an error
But... I get a time-out! on the receive() command.

I don't know where to look anymore. Has anybody got this working and
can help me?

One thing bothers me though. Scott says in his readme that he had to
assign a certificate to the application. But that doesn't seem
logical, because the apllication is a client and therefore doesn't
need a certificate! Anybody??

Regards,
Wilbert