Re: Changing Local Directory

Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: owner-ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

02/06/2005 09:33 PM

Please respond to
ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

cc
Subject
Re: Changing Local Directory

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>> One thing that does not seem to be working well is when I pull the file in
>> to my local iSeries, the data is not coming over record by record, it's
>> filling the destination physical file up in one long stream.  I've tried
>> both without having the destination file present in the target library and
>> then with the file present and it did not seem to matter.

>That sounds like the behavior that you'll get when the file doesn't exist,
>and FTPAPI has to guess what format it's supposed to be in.
>
>Please make certain that the destination file already exists, and
>that you're using BINARY mode.

Just tried that and it pulled only the first record of the file over.  I had the physical file already existing in the destination library and chose binary mode.  It no longer pulled the data over in a stream, but it only brought over the first record.

Thanks again for your help and for the great API.

Brian