Changing Local Directory

Hello all.

I am working on some programs that will use FTPAPI.  I've looked at some of the sample programs and I am not 100% sure of how to handle changing the local directory on the iSeries that I want to receive files in to.  I believe the default is to put the files in to the IFS.  I see there is a NAMEFMT command, so I think maybe I should use that, but I wanted to ask.

On a related note, my practice in the past has been to pull the files from the remote server in to the DB2 side of the iSeries, since the data is typically text only and many times is coming from another iSeries.  Would I be better off to pull the file to the IFS?

Thank you for the help and guidance.

Regards,
Brian