Re: Post vs Post_raw

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I thought you said you didn't need the data that's returned by the server? (I think you said that in a previous message... I could be thinking of someone else, though)

If you don't need it, why are you saving it into a variable?

That's what this code does:

  C* Make sure we don't overflow the string:
  c                   eval      retlen = (nextpos + datalen) - 1
  c                   if        retlen > %size(retdata)
  c                   eval      datalen=datalen-(retlen-%size(retdata))
  c                   endif

  C* If there is nothing to write, return THAT...
  c                   if        datalen < 1
  c                   return    0
  c                   endif

  C* Here we add any data sent to the end of our 'retdata' string:
  c                   eval      %subst(retdata: nextpos) =
  c                                %subst(data:1:datalen)
  c                   eval      nextpos = nextpos + datalen

It basically concatenates the data to the end of a variable. (You could do this much easier with a VARYING field.)

If you really don't need the results, (and you're just copying an old routine that I wrote in 1842,) maybe you should try changing it to this:

   P Incoming        B
   D Incoming        PI            10I 0
   D  Descriptor                   10I 0
   D  Data                       8192    Options(*VarSize)
   D  DataLen                      10I 0 Value
   c                   return    datalen
   P Incoming        E

This basically just discards any data that HTTPAPI sends it. (Obviously, you'll want to remove the code that translates the result to EBCDIC, since you no longer have anything to translate.)