EXAMPLE2

Hi,

For the past few days we have been trying to get one of the EXAMPLEx programs to work. Unfortunately for us we haven’t had any success.

First we tried to get EXAMPLE16 working, which would take a tracking number, send it to UPS and get tracking number information back. We insisted on getting that program to work without knowing all the LPP needed to get program working.

We have now moved to program EXAMPLE2, which is supposed to post some data to a cgi script.

That sounds like something we need to do at our shop.

Unfortunately, again, the program compiles OK but give us a run time error of:

Message . . . . :   DSPLY  You do not have permission to create that file

Cause . . . . . :   This is an inquiry message originated from RPG procedure

  EXAMPLE2X in program LIBHTTP/EXAMPLE2X. The program is expecting a character

  input field with a maximum length of 52.

Recovery  . . . :   Enter a valid response according to the type of data

  expected by the program.  The program will tolerate five incorrect responses

  before signalling an error condition.  There have been 0 incorrect responses

  so far.  If you do not want to enter any data, just press Enter to resume

  processing of the program.

All we need is to be able to post a request file to an http://www... Page, then get a response from that same page.

As you can see that is the reason why we focused our attention to programs EXAMPLE16 and EXAMPLE2.

We would like someone to help us out figure out the error on EXAMPLE2, or some one that can direct us as to an application example that we can take as base to develop our own.

Thanks,

Victor Cortinas

Fred Loya Insurance

(915) 590-5692 Ext 5203