Re: Question about using FTPAPIR4 under V5R2

Sender: "John Farmer" <johnfarmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Scott,

FTPAPI is a life-saving piece of work.  Well, maybe not life saving, but it
is really helping in my automation efforts.  Thanks for the clarification
about where it came from.  No wonder I couldn't find anything in searches of
IBM documentation.  Also explains why a few of my I-Bleed-Blue co-workers
had no idea what I was talking about.  Again, THANK YOU for this work.

I put together a sample program using the QSYS.LIB file path format and it
works as you stated.  I am putting together a set of general purpose RPG, CL
and CMD source to replace our outdated ftp script generator (then using IBM
FTP cmd to execute).  Then we can do PUTS & GETS either from CL using a CMD,
or from RPG by calling RPG routine using either IFS or QSYS as the ISeries
source/destination.

I'll share more, once done and stress tested a bit.  This is a little more
work on the front end, but I hope to establish a standardize and fairly easy
method for file movement within my company.

Thanks,

John Farmer
Fiserv Health