RE: Hi, first question ... HTTPAPI

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> CLP INSTALL, needs to add library LIBHTTP to library list, for the
> compilation process, the DSPF object otherwise is not found.

Thanks!  Rather than mess with the *LIBL, I'll just add an OVRDSPF to
point to the right library.

> And the CRTBNDRPG should have the &INSTLIB var like PGM(&INSTLIB/EXAMPLEx),
> if not they compile on current library.

Thanks! That'll be fixed in the next release.

> Well let's continue.
>
> For the 1) option, the idea is that I will get a mime file

This is very unusual... I've never heard of someone outputting a MIME file
from a web service!  A web browser wouldn't understand a MIME file,
either.

HTTPAPI will save the results to a file in the IFS.  You'll have to write
a program that reads that file and interprets the MIME content.

> It's this the only way ??

No, normally the web server would just output the image itself.  If you
wanted more than one image, it would be a separate download.

> I look to your sample number 6, and it's quite what I need, but I will
> receive more than one image....
> Question ?? You don't get any header data ?? The first byte you receive in
> the socket goes to the image ??

I don't know if you're referring to the MIME header or the HTTP header?

The purpose of HTTPAPI is to handle the HTTP protocol for you, so you
don't have to deal with it yourself.  The HTTP header is part of that.
HTTPAPI takes care of the data in the HTTP header, and returns everything
else to your program.

If for some reason you do need to see the contents of the HTTP header that
the server returns, you can register an exit procedure on the
HTTP_POINT_PARSE_HEADER exit point.  That procedure will be passed the
HTTP header as a parameter.  (Demonstrated in EXAMPLE12)

> And oops ?? I don't have the example16 member ??
> I have the zip, the xml, and the savf. Bt nothing is there.

Then you have an old version of HTTPAPI.  Please download the latest
version from  http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/