RE: Example3 - SSL not trusted error message

Sender: "Ian Patterson" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

As an aside to this thread, I have noticed a problem recently with V5R2 and
certs.

We have had to install a specific CA cert (from GTE) into a number of boxes
(no intermediate certs in the chain).
This cert is then trusted to the trust list for our client (httpapi 9 and
10)

On all V5R1 boxes, this works OK
On SOME (about 50%) of V5R2 boxes, we get the "cert not signed etc" error.
This dissappears when we change the trust list to "trust all" CA certs.

There is no doubt that the new cert we install is the only one that can be
used, so have to assume something dodgy here.

Regards

Ian Patterson

ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Grange IT Limited