Example3 - SSL not trusted error message

Sender: "John King" <jking@xxxxxxxxxxx>

All,

 While working through the HTTPAPI examples I am stuck with an error in
Example3 that isn't making sense to me. This example retrieves a sample of
Scott's home page using SSL. Our company uses Client Access over VPN for
remote access so I know that SSL is functional on our V5R2 box.

 The message is as follows: "SSL Handshake: (GSKit) Certificate is not
signed by a trusted certificate author"

 Following the tips in the README and the HTTPAPI archive I assigned our
company's CA to "SCK_HTTPAPI_EXAMPLES" and defined all non-expired CA's in
the "SCK_HTTPAPI_EXAMPLES" trust list. Still no dice.

 In DCM, the Verisign class 1 certificate appears OK but the class 2 and
class 3 certificates expired in January 2004. In an attempt to see what
certificate the target website is using, I tried to access
"https://ssl.ahnet.net/SSL/klemen/"; (the URL that Example3 points to) via
IE6 and received an "HTTP 404 Not Found".

 I'm not sure how to determine which certificate should be used if I cannot
see the URL with a browser. Would someone be kind enough to point me in the
right direction?

 Feeling like I am anchoring the left-hand side of the Bell curve...

John King