RE: Error: (GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly formatted message received.

Sender: "Stewart, Paul" <Paul.Stewart@xxxxxxxxxx>

I am attempting to communicate with a business partner using HTTPAPI.

We will be doing SSL with both a server and client certificate, (I'm on the client side.)

After fighting with DCM (IBM Digital Certificate Manager) for several days to get the certificates in the certificate store and assigned to my application, I was disappointed when I received the following error message:

	(GSKit) Peer not recognized or badly formatted message received.

My client certificate is a Verisign Class 1, and on the server side they act as their own CA and have sent us their CA cert which we have loaded into DCM and assigned as a trusted CA to the application.

I know that SSL is working for me, because I am able to run EXAMPLE4, (HTTPS UPS look-up,) without any problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

	Paul Stewart