RE: httpS ...almost there (fwd)

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Chris,

> I hope I'm not beating you down with this issue, but is "compiling in
> SSL support" something I can do with what I have or is this a machine
> configuration issue or...?...how best to resolve?  We do https from our
> box, but I'd prefer to use your api's if possible.

I assume that you're running the most recent version of HTTPAPI?  Ver 1.10?
If so, go to the library where HTTPAPI is installed (CHGCURLIB LIBHTTP)
and type CALL INSTALL

After you've accepted the license agreement, it'll ask you several
questions, including "Would you like to build HTTPAPI with SSL support?"

HTTPAPI uses the GSKit API for SSL support which was officially released
in V5R1 of OS/400, thought it's possible to use it in V4R5 if you have
certain PTFs installed.  So, you must be running one of those releases (or
later) to compile SSL support into HTTPPAI.

Once SSL support has been compiled in, you must re-bind any programs that
use HTTPAPI, or else you'll get a "Signature Violation"

I've CC-ed your questions and my responses to the FTPAPI mailing list.  If
you have any further questions, I'd appreciate it if you'd ask them there.
That way, other people can learn from the answers, and they'll be archived
where everyone can find them with a search engine later if they need to.
It just saves me time in the long run.

Thanks!