RE: httpapi and proxy servers

Sender: "Ian Patterson" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks Scott,

Just so I fully understand the situation -
When I send an http post using HTTPAPI via SSL, all of the http header info,
(e.g. content type, User Agent etc) is encoded.
So the destination address is further 'up' in the TCP headers somewhere and
not part of the HTTP data. (Which is why I thought it might be clear).

Hence I don't need to 'see' my 443 http stuff in the sniffer to determine
what the proxy is doing, I can change it to port 80.

Therefor the main problem I forsee will be to transmit on a different port
to 443, as our test proxy requires a port connection something like 8080.

Regards

Ian Patterson

ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Grange IT Limited