httpapi and proxy servers

Sender: "Ian Patterson" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I remember some time ago a comment from Scott that httpapi does not yet
support comms through a proxy server, but may do so in the future.

This problem has recently raised its ugly head & I want to have a brief look
at the issues.
Can anyone point me to doumentation where I can see the 'conversation'
needed to talk to a proxy ? Is it a standard ?

I also have to do this for our Windows system, so may be able to track the
IP conversation between our Windows system and a proxy and reproduce this in
AS/400.

Also, if anyone has experience of working through a proxy, are there any
special requirements for SSL ?

Regards

Ian Patterson

ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>