Re: 5722AC3 in V5R2

Sender: SASchollenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have only seen one CD for the AC3 product at any release level.
I think the client product you refer to is the CE3 product.
It contains the client encryption code that can be installed for iSeries
Access
using the Selective Setup.

Both CDs get installed on the iSeries.  But it is the AC3 product that
you will be working with through the DCM.
----------------------
Scott

Scott A. Schollenberger
Chief Technology Officer
TENEX Systems, Inc.
2011 Renaissance Blvd., Suite 100
King of Prussia, PA  19406
Phone:      610-239-9988  Ext. 305
Fax:  610-239-9995
E-mail:     saschollenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  www.tenexsys.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.

----------------------
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    --Benjamin Franklin
----------------------

             "Ian Patterson"
             <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             ms.co.uk>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  <ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             owner-ftpapi@xxxx                                          cc
             e.ods.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       5722AC3 in V5R2
             08/26/2004 12:09
             PM

             Please respond to
             ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxx
                    net

Sender: "Ian Patterson" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We use the HTTPAPIR4 utility with our client program connecting to a remote
secure server via SSL.
All testing has been done at V5R1M0, and 5722AC3 ships on one CD

One of my Customers has just ordered AC3 for V5R2M0, and it has come on two
CD's
One for client, and one for server.

I <assume> we only need the client version.
Has anyone gone down this route yet? & why two versions ??

Regards

Ian Patterson

ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Grange IT Limited