RE: HTTPAPI and Digital Certificate

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Elbert,

> I need to ftp a file to a bank. The bank requires a
> SSL connection. They have supplied the digital
> certificate and I need to attach it to our AS400 FTP
> server.

If you are FTPing it to the bank, then you want to attach it to the FTP
client -- not the server!   The FTP server is for when they FTP to/from
your system.

> With Scott's HTTPAPI, I trusted the certificate to the
> application. But I don't have a registrated
> application with FTP, unless I need to register one as
> the first step.

IBM automatically registers it's applications with the DCM when they're
installed.

For example, if I go into the Digital Certificate Manager, and try to
update the certificate assignment for a client application, I have the
following applications to choose from:

   Directory Services publishing
   Download ACS updates for GiftBox
   Directory Services client
   Enterprise Identity Mapping (EIM)
   OS/400 TCP/IP FTP Client
   SCK_HTTPAPI_UPSTRACK

The "Download ACS updates" and "SCK_HTTPAPI_UPSTRACK" are applications
of my own that I added to the DCM.  The others -- including "OS/400 TCP/IP
FTP Client" -- were provided by IBM when OS/400 was installed.

I can change the certificates that are assigned to the OS/400 FTP Client
in the same manner that I'd change my own applications.