HTTPAPI (fwd)

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:59:06 -0400
From: Rick Hill <rhill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: owner-ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: HTTPAPI

I have a file that I would like to read a record,   take that record send to a web service,   take response data and update a file.     I have a CL program reading records from file and calling RPGLE program to do the actual post of the data.     In the called RPGLE program I am doing the https_init,  http_url_post_raw.    The "problem" I see is it opens a new port for every call to the program.   This uses up resources rather quickly and eventually gives me an error after several hundred records.     Has anyone else used the HTTPAPI in this fashion?    If so,  can you give me a general idea of how this scenario needs to be handled.    I have posted questions related to this before but still not sure how this should be handled.

Thanks so much for your time!

Rick