release 10 (fwd)

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:20:57 +0100
From: Ian Patterson <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: release 10

Scott,

Have downloaded release 10 & hope to start testing with V5R1 this week.

I don't quite understand debug output & if it has changed:
In prev releases I have relied heavily on the debug for obvious reasons.
Unless I am mistaken, I have to set debug on in CONFIG_H, and having
compiled & bound the api, its always on, until I recompile the api. At some
time in the past I was going to suggest that the debug could be seton/off by
external param of some sort. i.e. I could control debug from my RPG program
without re-compiles.
Looking briefly at the new release 10 I see references to debug that may
have changed all this. Can I now switch debug on/off from my program?

Lots of superb additional functions in the new release. I have buckets of
coding in my progs to deal with incoming XML, so will take some time to
replace it & test :-)
Regards

Ian Patterson

ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx