HTTPAPI GSKit access not allowed

Sender: "Ian Patterson" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Strange problem raised its head today.

A program using HTTPAPI (SSL mode) runs normally when the User is signed on
with my profile. I have special authorities to *ALLOBJ and *IOSYSCFG but
nothing else significant.
When they signon with their own profile, we get the error:

https_connect(): entered
(GSKit) Access to the key database is not allowed.
ssl_error(6003): (GSKit) Access to the key database is not allowed.
SetError() #30: SSL Handshake: (GSKit) Access to the key database is not
allowed.

Now the controlling CL program beneath which my program runs is compiled
with
 User profile . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *OWNER
 Use adopted authority  . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *YES

This program calls my RPGLE program compiled with:
   User profile . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *USER
   Use adopted authority  . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *YES
   Coded character set identifier . . . . . . . . :   65535

I would have assumed that the User then adopts my authority, and that would
circumvent the key database access error, but obviously not.

Is there something I am missing here ?

Regards

Ian Patterson

ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>