Re: DCM - starting and stopping

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Ian,

> I have noted some recent correspondance about certificates and the DCM, and
> I recall its sometimes stated that the DCM should be restarted after adding
> certs or client app data.
> I don't see a way of starting / stopping the DCM. It just seems to be there
> all the time.

I've started/stopped the HTTP server in order to restart DCM.

   ENDTCPSVR *HTTP
   (wait a while)
   STRTCPSVR *HTTP

> I have no problems in adding CA certs, and attaching them to a client app
> using Ops Nav & the http server *admin
> Or am I missing something or just lucky ?

On V4R5 I had a lot of problems with the DCM needing to be restarted.  On
V5R2 (we skipped V5R1) I have not needed to restart anything.

It's one of those things -- if it works without restarting, great.  If
not, try restarting :)