FTPAPI problem with Independant Storage Pools (fwd)

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:36:52 -0500 (CDT)
From: l.maartens@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: webcomment@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: FTPAPI problem with Independant Storage Pools

Hi Scott,

I recently ran into a problem with a customer that started to use independant storage pools (IASP). What it boils down to is that in order to create a path name for lstat to understand, the /qsys.lib part needs to be prefixed with the IASP name in the following way: retrieve the job attributes and from there take the IASP code. Then concatenate like /IASPNAME/QSYS.LIB/ etc.
Having figured that out (of course the customer had not changed anything in his system setup....) I got stuck within the FTPAPI due the parsing method used in he ParsePath procedure. I am looking into the possible use for the Qp01CvtPathToQSYSObjName API for the parsing. This however will upset the ParsePath procedure quite a bit since that not only parses the pathname but also determines the lib file and member settings.

As you already mentioned the Release 2 of FTPAPI in beta I would like to know whether support for the IASP is already build in or that it still needs to be done. In the former case I just wait, in the latter I would not mind to assist by adding this support in sofar that is needed (and within my capabilities to do so).

(In the mean time the customer moved his libraries to the SYSBAS storage pool, so it will always be available without a prefix of the /QSYS.LIB part).

Kind regards,

Loek Maartens,
Veracity Software Consultancy BV