Re: FTP API

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Fran,

> I realize that there is a readme file in the save file, however I do
> have one question for now. The instructions say to send to a save file
> in QGPL. Couldn't I just send it to my own save file in my own library?

Sure.  You can put the SAVF anywhwere you like -- it's only a temporary
object, once you've restored LIBFTP, you can delete the save file.

> Is LIBFTP required for any of the objects?

Is it "required"?  The only thing that's really required is that you keep
the copyright statement and terms of use intact.  Aside from that, you've
got the source code, you can change it to work any way that you want to.

The reason I recommend creating a LIBFTP and keeping the objects and
source together in that library is that when you want to upgrade FTPAPI,
to get a bug fix or whatever, you can just delete LIBFTP and install a new
library without affecting anything else.

> As it is, I'm going to have to run this by our operations manager to
> even put it on the 400.

I'm open to suggestions -- how would you prefer that it work?