httpapi - digest mode auth on a url_post (fwd)

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:48:28 -0500 (CDT)
From: etienne_rivard@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: webcomment@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: httpapi - digest mode auth on a url_post

Hi Mr. Klement,

  I am using your wonderful APIs for a project at work.  It saved me so many hours I couldn't count them all.  Since it is an open-source project, I wanted to inform you of an issue I encountered and how I corrected it.

In my project, I had to post some CSV data on a supplier's website.  The supplier's way to authenticate is through digest-mode.  When I tried http_url_get, everything worked well, but doing a http_url_post never returned me a NDAUTH to set the authentification.

I made some change in the do_post procedure.  It now behave more like do_get and now set the err to NDAUTH when receiving a 401.

I know this is a very simple case of copy-and-paste from one procedure to the other, but I wanted to inform you in case another user need that functionnality.

Have a nice day and thanks again for a wonderful product,

Etienne Rivard
Analyst-Programer
Cascades Inc, GPS Division.
etienne_rivard@xxxxxxxxxxxx