RE: http_url_post_raw api does not think it received valid data whenit really did

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I guess the timeout part of the api does not work
> on my AS400 V4R4M0

There's nothing release-specific about the code.  I had similar code that
worked at V3R2.

> If I set it to 2, 20 or 60 seconds, the application sleeps until
> the timeout has elapsed and I always receive good valid returned data.
>
> The problem is that the timeout is behaving like
> a sleep or delay and this is not
> the way the api was intended to work.
>
> For some reason the http_post_raw api does not think that
> it received valid data when I debug it.  I am not sure why
> it does not think that it has received valid data.

My guess is that it's waiting for one last byte of data, or something
similar.  Perhaps the server has told it that it will send 1000 bytes, but
the program has only received 999.   The last byte may even be just a
space or carriage return that isn't printable, so you don't notice it.

But, in any case, if you're getting both a wait until the timeout and then
an error respose, it implies that it's waiting for something and not
receiving it before the timeout.

Which, despite your claims, is EXACTLY how the API is intended to work.

> Should I turn the DHTTP_DEBUG_FILE define on and send you the results?

I suppose you could, but I've tried your transmission here and I'm not
having this problem.  I've set the delay to 7200 seconds (2 hours) and
it's still done in under a second.

Perhaps I should send you the copy of HTTPAPI that I'm using?  We could
see if that works better.  (My copy has changes made to it that haven't been
released yet.)