Re: Send file through socket on port 80

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Glen,

> I need to send an XML file to an HTTP server for processing.
> Does anyone have a sample socket program of this type of situation.

This mailing list is for FTPAPI and HTTPAPI, not for sockets programming
questions.  However, you're in luck, because HTTPAPI is designed for
sending files to a web server.

http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/

Download the source for HTTPAPI, take a look at the example programs.
Some of them do what you want to do...

If you really want to write your own program to do this from the ground
up, rather than use a tool like HTTPAPI, then please sign up for a mailing
list that's intended for the programming language that you plan to use.