Betr.: Re: your mail

Sender: e.klaasse@xxxxxxxx

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reaction and again you were right.  The Intermediate
certificate was expired.

Eric

|         |           Scott Klement    |
|         |           <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|         |           com>             |
|         |           Verzonden door:  |
|         |           owner-ftpapi@xxxx|
|         |           e.ods.net        |
|         |           28-01-2004 18:28 |
|         |           Antwoord a.u.b.  |
|         |           aan ftpapi       |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |       Aan:      e.klaasse@xxxxxxxx                                                                                         |
  |       cc:       ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                       |
  |Onderwerp:       Re: your mail                                                                                              |

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Eric,

Since the error is occurring during the "handshake" phase, I would assume
that the problem isn't with your certificate, but instead is with the
certificate that you're getting from the server.

If the server's certificate was signed by VeriSign, make sure that your
GSID Intermediate Certificates have not expired.  VeriSign has an article
about this problem here:
http://www.verisign.com/support/vendors/exp-gsid-ssl.html

If this is the problem, you'll need to contact IBM support to get updated
VeriSign class 2 and class 3 certificates for your Digital Certificate
Manager.

Even if they're not VeriSign, please check that the CA certificates that
are being used to validate the certs on both sides are not expired.

Good Luck
---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com