Re: Copyright statement

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, L. Maartens wrote:
> Would it be a good idea for the next release of the FTP API to include an H
> specification for the Copyright statement, so that your copyright will be
> automatically included  in the FTPAPIR4 module?

I tried to do that, but IBM doesn't provide enough space for the entire
BSD license agreement.  I didn't want to include only part of it, for fear
that someone might see only that part, and assume that it was the entire
agreement.

> Next to including it in a array that is refered/not refered to from within
> the source I think it is the most logical way to make certain that your
> copyright statement is not accidently left out. At this time it is a thing
> one must remember to do, if you want to do it correctly.

According to the license agreement, it either needs to be distributed in
source form where someone can read the license, or it needs to be included
in the documentation and/or other materials included with the program.