RE: Truncated Replies

Sender: "McBride, Lane (Artco)" <lmcbride@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I made the following changes to EXAMPLE8 in LIBHTTP and got the error that I
have described:

c                   eval      rc=http_url_post('http://63.77.35.115'+
c                                 '/Progistics/XML_Processor' +
c                                 '/Server/XMLProcDLL.asp':
c                                  p_data: st_size:
c                                  '/httpresponse/httptest.xml')

This is the document that I sent:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE RATEREQUEST SYSTEM
"http:\\63.77.35.115\Progistics\XML_Processor\DTD\RateRequest.dtd">
<RATEREQUEST>
<LOGIN>
	<LOGINID>TEST</LOGINID>
	<PASSWORD>TEST</PASSWORD>
</LOGIN>
   <DEFATTRIBUTES>
      <CONSIGNEE>
         <COMPANY>The Big Company</COMPANY>
         <CONTACT>Billy Bob Beavis</CONTACT>
         <ADDRESS1>6705 E. 81st Street</ADDRESS1>
         <ADDRESS2>Suite 190</ADDRESS2>
         <CITY>Beverly Hills</CITY>
         <STATEPROVINCE>OK</STATEPROVINCE>
         <POSTALCODE>90210</POSTALCODE>
         <RESIDENTIAL></RESIDENTIAL>
         <PHONE>918 499-2800 X123</PHONE>
         <COUNTRYSYMBOL>UNITED_STATES</COUNTRYSYMBOL>
         <CONSIGNEECODE>234567</CONSIGNEECODE>
      </CONSIGNEE>
	  <SHIPPERINFO>
	      <SHIPPER>TEX</SHIPPER>
	  </SHIPPERINFO>
      <TERMS>SHIPPER</TERMS>
      <CURRENCYCODE>USD</CURRENCYCODE>
      <SHIPDATE>02/04/2000</SHIPDATE>
      <SHIPMENTSERVICEOPTIONS>
         <DECLAREDVALUE>
            <CURRENCYCODE>USD</CURRENCYCODE>
            <MONETARYVALUE>550</MONETARYVALUE>
         </DECLAREDVALUE>
      </SHIPMENTSERVICEOPTIONS>
   </DEFATTRIBUTES>
   <PACKAGES>
      <PKG>
         <PKGWEIGHT>
            <WEIGHTUNITS>LBS</WEIGHTUNITS>
            <WEIGHTVALUE>12.1</WEIGHTVALUE>
         </PKGWEIGHT>
         <DIMENSION>
            <DIMUNITS>IN</DIMUNITS>
            <DIMVALUE>4x5x6</DIMVALUE>
         </DIMENSION>
         <PACKAGING>CUSTOM</PACKAGING>
         <REFERENCE>
            <CONSIGNEEREFERENCE>111</CONSIGNEEREFERENCE>
         </REFERENCE>
         <PACKAGESERVICEOPTIONS>
            <COD>
               <CODAMOUNT>
                  <CURRENCYCODE>USD</CURRENCYCODE>
                  <MONETARYVALUE>555</MONETARYVALUE>
               </CODAMOUNT>
               <CODPAYMENTMETHOD>16</CODPAYMENTMETHOD>
            	<CODINSTRUCTIONS>STUFF</CODINSTRUCTIONS>
            </COD>
         </PACKAGESERVICEOPTIONS>
      </PKG>
      <PKG>
         <PKGWEIGHT>
            <WEIGHTUNITS>LBS</WEIGHTUNITS>
            <WEIGHTVALUE>17.3</WEIGHTVALUE>
         </PKGWEIGHT>
         <DIMENSION>
            <DIMUNITS>IN</DIMUNITS>
            <DIMVALUE>6x4x5</DIMVALUE>
         </DIMENSION>
         <PACKAGING>CUSTOM</PACKAGING>
         <REFERENCE>
            <CONSIGNEEREFERENCE>222</CONSIGNEEREFERENCE>
         </REFERENCE>
         <PACKAGESERVICEOPTIONS>
            <HAZARDOUS>
               <HAZMAT>TRUE</HAZMAT>
               <HAZMATID>DOT 1.3B</HAZMATID>
               <HAZMATCLASS>Flammable</HAZMATCLASS>
               <HAZMATDESCRIPTION>Rocket Motors</HAZMATDESCRIPTION>
               <HAZMATLABEL>32</HAZMATLABEL>
               <HAZMATPACKING>1</HAZMATPACKING>
               <HAZMATPACKINGGROUP>1</HAZMATPACKINGGROUP>
               <HAZMATCARGOAIR/>
               <HAZMATACCESSIBLE>TRUE</HAZMATACCESSIBLE>
            </HAZARDOUS>
         </PACKAGESERVICEOPTIONS>
      </PKG>
      <PKG>
         <PKGWEIGHT>
            <WEIGHTUNITS>LBS</WEIGHTUNITS>
            <WEIGHTVALUE>15.3</WEIGHTVALUE>
         </PKGWEIGHT>
         <DIMENSION>
            <DIMUNITS>IN</DIMUNITS>
            <DIMVALUE>4x6x5</DIMVALUE>
         </DIMENSION>
         <PACKAGING>CUSTOM</PACKAGING>
         <REFERENCE>
            <CONSIGNEEREFERENCE>333</CONSIGNEEREFERENCE>
         </REFERENCE>
         <PACKAGESERVICEOPTIONS>
            <OVERSIZE>TRUE</OVERSIZE>
         </PACKAGESERVICEOPTIONS>
      </PKG>
   </PACKAGES>
   <PKGSERVICE>
      <SCS>TANDATA_UPS.UPS.NDA</SCS>
      <SCS>TANDATA_UPS.UPS.2DA</SCS>
   </PKGSERVICE>
   <SORT>1</SORT>
</RATEREQUEST>

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, McBride, Lane (Artco) wrote:

> I set up the web server to work with chunked data, but the web service is
> 3rd party software.  So, I can't change the code to operate chunked.

Huh?  I'm asking if this transmission is chunked or not.. I wasn't
expecting you to re-write the web server. :)   The connection isn't
using chunked, then...

> This is what HTTP_error() returns:
> recvdoc: recv(): A connection with a remote socket was reset by that
socket.

So, the socket is getting reset by the web server.

> What I am doing is posting an XML document (Length 1369) from a user space
> to a web service that is supposed to return an XML document containing
> shipping rates (Length 3559).  Sometimes it works, but most times it comes
> back with 1/2 - 3/4 of the document.  The post is always successful.  What
> type of information do you need to duplicate the problem?  The web service
> that I am hitting is within our WAN so it isn't accessible from the web.

Basically, I need to know what server to contact, and what to send to it
in order to make the problem appear on my system.   I use HTTPAPI every
day, and have never had this happen, but you and others are clearly having
a problem.

You see, I need to first determine what code to change in my program, and
then I need to test those changes to verify that they solve the issue.
Without any way to make it fail, I have no way of knowing either what code
to change or how well the change works -- unless of course, you can tell
me?