Re: Truncated replies.

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Eric,

In which routine is this happening?  Is this happening in ssl_recvdoc() or
ssl_recvchunk()?

The problem that Ian Patterson reported was in ssl_recvchunk().  We've
found that problem and are working on a fix.  (Actually, I wrote the fix a
while ago, but he hasn't completely tested it yet since his clients'
servers have been down)

So, I guess I'm trying to determine if you are having the same problem, or
if this is something different.

> With the previous mentioned changes the program still fail sometimes (much
> less than before). When I force the program to wait 5 seconds before the
> next time gsk_secure_soc_read runs (to get the next part) then the program
> ends perfect in all situations. Ofcourse this is not the solution and i
> hope you have some suggestions.

Can you show me where you've inserted the 5 seconds?  I don't know which
part of the code you're having problems with?

> > Meanwhile I continued debugging and found out that the receiving party
> > sends the reply (only 3,5kb) in 3 parts. After receiving the first
> > part and trying to get the next part the returncode of
> > gsk_secure_soc_reade (in procedure ssl_recvdoc) is 406 (GSK_ERROR_IO).
> > If I ignore this returncode as you did with GSK_WOULD_BLOCK then the
> > program runs great.

a GSK_ERROR_IO is error that should not be ignored.  It means something
went wrong at a lower level.   When this happens, HTTPAPIR4 should be
calling the ssl_error() routine, which in turn should be looking up
the value of errno.  Can you tell me what the value of errno is when
this happens?   Is it, by chance, 3406?

> > I hope you can take a close look to that part of the serviceprogram.

Your message tells me that you want me to look at the code more closely,
but you didn't say which code I should be looking at! :)