RE: your mail

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

One more thing...  the slashes usually need to be forward slashes.  i.e.
ftp_chdir(fd: '/xxxInterface/Outbound/xxx')

Clearly, John is confusing two different protocols... The
\\SERVER\share\folder\file.ext syntax is Windows Networking protocol, not
FTP.  I wonder if he needs to specify /xxxInterface?  In Windows that
would be the share name, such as \\mymachine\c\windows\system.  But, if
FTPing to that machine you'd omit the first two parts of that path, like:
   FTP_chdir(fd: '/windows/system")