Re: retain the creation date

Sender: Scott Klement <sk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hmmm...   There's a function in FTPAPI called FTP_mtime() which you can
use (maybe?) to get the file's timestamp, if the server supports that
functionality.  (It's not a part of the FTP standard, but it's supported
by some servers)

Once you know when it was last changed, you'd have to somehow modify the
file that you just created to give it that new timestamp, which I don't
know how to do.

This functionality could be addded to FTP_get() if I knew how to do it :)
But since it's non-standard, it would work with some FTP servers and not
with others.  (I don't think the iSeries FTP server supports it, but I
haven't checked since V3R2)

An alternative might be to use an archiving software, like the Unix tar
program, or a save file on the AS/400.   Make an archive of the file that
you want to transfer, transfer the archive, and then extract it.   That
should retain the original dates on the file(s)

Are you working with stream files in the IFS?  Or with library/file
objects?   The client is obviously an iSeries, but what is the server?