New user.

Title: New user.

Hi Scott and every one else...

I decided to avoid entering  the fray of nit picking on the midrnage list, and decided to learn something new today...  So hence I'm here using and exploring Scotts, FTPAPI.  1st off, thank you very much for the API, and the simple to get started readme file.  It worked like a charm, for some reason the freebsd url, wasn't resolving on my machine, but by replacing it with the ip address, your samples worked perfect...

However :-),  My project requires something that your samples do not provide, and was wondering, what the best approcah would be to complete it.  I need to connect to an ftp server, and retrieve, all the files in a directory, ** and ** if the download was sucessful, move that file(s), into another directory on that server for archiving purposes.

I saw your mget routine, but noticed the incoming field was dimmed to 50, if I make that bigger (1000) or so, would the api's support it?  Or would I use the mirroring routines, that you created?  And whats the best way to make sure the file I received on my machine, is an exact duplicate of the file on the server?  Is there way to byte compare?  And also, how do you move a file?  Is it the rename function?  And then delete?  I'm not very familiar with all the options of FTP other than put and get.

p.s.  This projects purpose, it to retrieve files from our as2 server.  All day long, trading partners send our as2 server invoices, and i'm looking for a way to retrieve these files, and then archive them, on the as2 server.

Thank you for your time, tim.

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy the message.