HTTP API without HTTP Server

Sender: "Bartell, Aaron L. (TC)" <ALBartell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

I am looking at using the HTTP API's to access web services on other
machines.  Up to this point I have been using the socket API's to send and
receive back information.  I would like to go to the higher level and use
the HTTP API's for ease of use and self documentation in the program.  I
will be using the programs that I write on 25+ AS/400's and don't want to
administer an HTTP server on each one if I don't have to.  So here's my
question:

If I am only going to be sending requests out and never hosting a web
service on these 25+ AS/400, do I need to have an HTTP server setup on them?

I realize that I could have taken the time to look through the API's to
answer my question, but I don't have a lot of time to make this decision.
Thanks for any assistance anyone can offer.

Aaron Bartell