Re: ftp_get local file question

Scott,

see in-line

----original message-----
Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> What does this have to do with the IBM FTP server?!  I didn't even
realize
> it was part of the issue.

I meant client, not server.

> Then use IBM's client.  I'm getting more than a little tired of hearing
> about how much better it is than mine.

I in no way meant to demean your work.  I apologize if I gave that
impression.

> *** should be ftp_passiv(*OFF), tho I guess ftp_passiv('0') would also
>    work.   ftp_passiv(0) wouldn't compile, tho.
> *** missing quotes.

obviously, I used variables, not constants.  in the email, i replaced the
variable names with thier approximate values.

> Okay.  So with FTPAPI you're using Ascii NonPrint mode.   That means that
> the server should be converting the data to ASCII and putting CRLF at
> the end of each line.

> Of course, all you tell me about the result is that it's 'junk'.  The
> code page that's assigned to the file would be nice,

ccsid for file downloaded using ibm client:  819
using ftpapi: 37

> and how you're viewing it.

notepad

how do you specify the code page for the file you download via ftpapi?

Scott, I'm sorry if i'm being a pest.  most of this is very new to me.
i've never before had to worry about code pages, i'm not a c programmer, i
don't know a socket from a pair of socks.  i'm just an old rpg dog trying
to learn a few new tricks.

I know it's not your job to help me, nor is it to offer any support at all
for your generous contribution of these apis.  You do this because you're
proud of your work.  I don't expect for you to do my job either.

you told me before that my questions weren't stupid, yet the tone of your
answers indicate you think otherwise.   If I ask a question the wrong way,
just nudge me in the right direction.  I don't need to be bludgeoned.  If I
phrase a sentence or question wrong (like the legwork comment), it's out of
carelessness and haste, not intent.

thanks again,

rick