RE: FTP_PUT Padding

Sender: "Andy Youens" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Scott

I agree with you whole heartedly, a transfer program should transfer
data that's all.

But if its not too much trouble, please could you add ftp_trim(*On)

Many thanks.

Regards

Andy

|My proposal for a solution would be to add a new procedure you can
|call in FTP API:
|                   callp    FTP_trim(*ON)
|
|Would enable trimming.   If you used *OFF, or did not call the
procedure,
|trimming would remain off as it is now.  This would be very easy for me
|code (maybe 10 minutes to do) but it frustrates me that this should be
|necessary -- FTP is not supposed to transform documents.  Sigh
FormaServe Systems Ltd
5 Milecastle
Bancroft
Milton Keynes
T: 01908 319566
W:www.formaserve.co.uk <http://www.formaserve.co.uk/>
E: Info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  _____

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of
ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and may contain information that is confidential,
subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret.
If you are not ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files
associated with this message, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately
Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of Andy Youens and do
not necessarily represent those of FormaServe Systems.

  _____