RE: FTP_PUT Padding

Sender: "Andy Youens" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Scott

Looking at this file, it is padded with spaces at the end of each
record, so to say it is transferring as intended is correct.

The one point I can't explain, is that if this file is transferred by
manual FTP it seems the spaces are stripped out.

Do you think this is a feature of the remote server?

Thanks for all your help

Regards

Andy

||Here's what you should do:
||1) Take a look at the file, see if it's a fixed record file and if the
||      records in question have blanks at the end of the record.
||2) Assuming that they do, think about whether FTP_putraw would be
worth
||      using for you, or if it's too much work.
||3) Tell me whether I should add a trim function to FTPAPI.
[Andy Youens]
FormaServe Systems Ltd
5 Milecastle
Bancroft
Milton Keynes
T: 01908 319566
W:www.formaserve.co.uk <http://www.formaserve.co.uk/>
E: Info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  _____

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of
ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and may contain information that is confidential,
subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret.
If you are not ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files
associated with this message, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately
Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of Andy Youens and do
not necessarily represent those of FormaServe Systems.

  _____