FTP_PUT Padding

Sender: "Andy Youens" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all

I'm using ftp_put to transmit a file to a Stratus machine (OS is VOS??),
it seems the file is padded with blanks at the end of each record.

If I use a manual FTP session to transmit the file, there is no padding.

Looking at the log, the only differences I can see is the manual
transmit is using passive mode.  I've tried this with FTPAPI with no
joy.

I've also tried the various line modes as well.

The 2 logs are shown below, if it helps.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Andy Youens

FTPAPI

220 an_ssa_a6 FTP server (OS TCP/IP) ready.
> USER bbusftp
331 Password required for bbusftp.
> PASS **********
230 User bbusftp.ON2_Ftp logged in.
> TYPE A
200 Type set to A.
> PORT 10,97,49,92,112,197
200 PORT command successful.
> STOR BBUSDEBT.RENEWAL.A101702
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for BBUSDEBT.RENEWAL.A101702.
226 Transfer complete.
> QUIT
221 Goodbye.

Manual transfer

Connecting to host PRD.ON2.STRATUS.ANPLC.CO.UK at address 10.6.120.9
using
port 21.
220 an_ssa_a6 FTP server (OS TCP/IP) ready.

Enter login ID (m04bf):

331 Password required for bbusftp.

230 User bbusftp.ON2_Ftp logged in.

VOS

Enter an FTP subcommand.

Enter an FTP subcommand.

> put d27opshold/eft94001 BBUSDEBT.RENEWAL.A101702

227 Entering Passive Mode (10,6,120,9,9,33)

150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for BBUSDEBT.RENEWAL.A101702.

226 Transfer complete.

 95445 bytes transferred in 0.083 seconds. Transfer rate 1149.832
KB/sec.

Enter an FTP subcommand.

> quit
FormaServe Systems Ltd
5 Milecastle
Bancroft
Milton Keynes
T: 01908 319566
W:www.formaserve.co.uk <http://www.formaserve.co.uk/>
E: Info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  _____

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of
ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and may contain information that is confidential,
subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret.
If you are not ftpapi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files
associated with this message, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately
Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of Andy Youens and do
not necessarily represent those of FormaServe Systems.

  _____