Re: problem with ftp_put

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 Brian@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I found the 'callp RtvObjd' and set a break point, but the procedure never
> stopped there.  The call to ftp_put doesn't seem to use RtvObjd.

Hmmm...  So you're getting a "unable to retrieve object description" but
it's never running the retrieve object description command?   Something
strange is going on here.

> In stepping through the ftp_put procedure I noticed that the return from
> lclFileSiz is 0.

That's okay, the output from lclFileSiz is only used when you register
an exit procedure with FTP_xproc(FTP_EXTSTS: xxxx)  It's odd that it
doesn't give you a size, but shouldn't have any effect on whether it
works or not.

> Yes, you are correct I am sending from one AS/400 to another.
>
> I tried sending both file names and "still get unable to retrieve an object
> description" if I just use the file name, or "A path name is too long" if I
> use the full path.

Again, something strange is going on here.  It shouldn't be saying that.

> I have the feeling I must be missing something very basic here.

Me too.   Can you send me your code, so I can try it myself?   Or maybe
some simplified code that exhibits the same problem?