using parms

Sender: "Angela Wawrzaszek" <awawrzaszek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Can I pass parms of the from and to path names for these programs.  That way I don't hve to create one for every FTP I want to complete.   I tried doing this but it says the operands are not compatible:

   892 c                   if        ftp_put(sess: to:
  893 c                              from) <
  894 c                   eval      Msg = ftp_error
  895 c*                  dsply                   Msg
  896 c                   endif
  897
  898 c                   callp     ftp_quit(sess)
  899 c                   eval      *inlr = *on
  900 c                   return
      * * * * *   E N D   O F   S O U R C E   * * * * *
5722WDS V5R1M0  010525 RN        IBM ILE RPG             AUSTEELLIB/WACTEST
         A d d i t i o n a l   D i a g n o s t i c   M e s s a g e s
Msg id  Sv Number Seq     Message text
RNF5409 00    891 006200  The prototyped call returns a value which is lost w
                          CALLP is used.
RNF7421 30    893 006308  Operands are not compatible with the type of operator