RE: file not found

Sender: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

First of all, did reversing the filenames work?  (It seems more important
to get things working, first, then discuss improvements)

Second, it sounds to me (and I could be misinterpreting) that you're
actually doing a 3-step process:

    1) Customer sends .txt file to FTP server.
    2) You transfer file from FTP server to IFS.
    3) You transfer file from IFS to QSYS.LIB.

What I'm really wondering is why you don't just transfer straight
from the FTP server to QSYS.LIB, like this:

    1) Customer sends .txt file to FTP server.
    2) You transfer file from FTP to QSYS.LIB

If FTPing the file from the IFS to QSYS.LIB works, then it would
stand to reason that FTPing the file directly from the external FTP
server to the QSYS.LIB would also work.  You're saving the same data
to disk in the same way. :)   The only difference is that in the 3-step
approach, you're saving it somewhere else in the middle, and doing an
extra transfer...